October is marked internationally as Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) – a global effort to raise awareness and funding for breast cancer. METCloud are proud to be sponsoring Breast Cancer Haven, West Midlands during this important month.
- Breast Cancer is the most common cancer in the world, alongside Lung Cancer.
- Over 55,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year.
- Breast cancer does not only affect women, around 350 men are diagnosed each year.
- One in eight women in the UK will develop breast cancer at some point in their lifetime.
What Breast Cancer Haven do…
Breast Cancer Haven helps people affected by breast cancer and their families, by offering a complimentary, personalised programme of support. Primarily, the centres across the UK provide bespoke counselling sessions and therapy treatments, with a vision to give “everyone affected by breast cancer the help they need.” If you would like more information on the services they provide, visit the services page on their website.
METCloud took a visit to Breast Cancer Haven, West Midlands, to see first-hand, the great work and support that these centres provide. The lovely Ashleigh Adams, Corporate Fundraising Officer for the West Midlands Haven, led our tour, showing us the yoga room, treatment rooms and the beautiful garden donated by YSL. You can see some pictures of the centre based in Solihull below – click to enlarge.
The West Midlands Haven is just 1 of several Breast Cancer Havens in the UK. There are also centres located in Hereford, London, North London, Wessex, Worcester and Yorkshire.
On Friday 4th October, Breast Cancer Haven, West Midlands celebrated its 2nd birthday with a coffee morning. The Havens host a range of events each month, be sure to take a look at what’s happening and get involved! Why not attend or raise funds for some of the upcoming events…
- Pink Shirt Day – any day in October wear something pink and raise funds for Breast Cancer Haven!
- Community Coffee Morning – first Friday of every month.
- Curry and Quiz night – Friday 1st November at St Johns Hotel, B91 1AT (£20pp)
- Firewalk – Saturday 9th November Moseley Cricket Club (£20 to enter minimum sponsorship £100)
How you can help…
On Saturday 9th November, METCloud will be taking part in the BCH West Midlands Firewalk 2019. Five members of the team will walk barefoot across burning wood embers, to show our support for people affected by breast cancer. We have set up a donation page and are trying to raise an additional £250 for participating! If you would like to help us meet our goal, you can kindly donate via our fundraising page.
Lastly, we would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read and share our Breast Cancer Awareness Month blog and fundraising page, and of course to those who have kindly donated. You are helping Breast Cancer Haven support more people through the toughest times of their lives. For more information about ways you can help Breast Cancer Haven, please contact Ashleigh Adams via email email@example.com or call the centre on 0121 726 9570.