In today’s digital world, email communication is an integral part of our daily lives. However, with the rise of cyber threats, it has become more critical than ever to secure our email environment. One of the most effective ways to secure your email environment is by using email filters. In this blog post, we will discuss what email filters are, what they offer, and how to use the information provided to analyse and help secure your environment.
What are Email Filters?
Email filters are software programs that sort and categorize incoming emails based on predefined criteria. These criteria can be anything from sender, subject, content, attachments, and more such as artificial intelligence based. Email filters can be used to automatically move emails to specific folders, mark them as read or unread, delete them, or even forward them to another email address.
What do Email Filters Offer?
Email filters offer many benefits, including increased productivity, improved security, and reduced spam:
- Increased Productivity: Email filters can help you prioritize your emails by removing unwanted spam and ensure that the most important ones are seen first. By automatically sorting your emails into different folders, you can quickly identify which need your immediate attention and which ones can wait.
- Improved Security: Email filters can help protect your email environment from malicious attacks. They can scan emails for impersonation attempts, viruses, malware, and other threats, and block or quarantine them before they can reach your inbox.
- Reduced Spam: Email filters can help reduce the amount of spam you receive by automatically filtering out unwanted emails. This can save you time and reduce the risk of falling victim to phishing swindles or other fraudulent activities.
How to Use Email Filters to Analyse and Secure Your Environment
Email filters can provide valuable information that can help you analyse and secure your email environment. Here are some tips on how to use the information they can provide:
- Analyse Email Traffic: Email filters can provide you with detailed information about your email traffic, including the number of emails received and sent, the types of emails received, and the countries from which they originated. This information can help you identify trends and potential threats to your email environment.
- Monitor for Suspicious Activity: Email filters can alert you to suspicious activity. For example an unusually high number of emails being sent from a single account or a sudden increase in spam. This information can help you take action to prevent potential threats from escalating.
- Review Blocked Emails: Email filters can quarantine or block emails that are suspected of containing viruses or malware. Reviewing these emails can help you identify potential threats and take action to prevent them from affecting your environment.
Remain Secure and Protected from Cyber threats
Email filters are an essential tool for securing your email environment. They offer many benefits, including increased productivity, improved security, and reduced spam. By analysing the information provided by email filters, you can gain valuable insights into your email traffic, monitor for suspicious activity, and review blocked emails to identify potential threats. By taking these steps, you can help ensure that your email environment remains secure and protected from cyber threats.